- The cultivated Thuya Nigra, frequently named cultivated black cedar tree, is of good quality for hedging. It will form a intimacy wall when growing, as opposed to other popular cedar varieties that keep their pyramidal shape when growing, like Smaragd, Emerald, Fastigiata and BrandonCedar developed in a controlled zone.
- Fertilized every year for dark green dense foliage
- Trimmed every 2 years to strengthen and thicken its foliage
- Weeds taken off to allow a better growth
- Mechanical potting, transportation in the pot
Growth speed: 8 to 10 inches a year
Time needed for an intimacy wall: Immediately after the installation
Diameter at installation: 30 inches
Installation : Can be installed at a distance of 30 inches from
each other, so that the leaves will touch, although it is recommended, for an immediate intimacy, to install then 24 inches apart.
Trimming: Once every year or every other year
Shape: Up to you (conical, square wall style, round)
Light: Will need a minimum of 2 hours of sunlight a day
Winter condition: Remains greener than other cedar trees